Language : ไทย
Municipal Solid waste (MSW) is the critical problem of Thailand. There is 26.77 million tons of MSW on 2013 but only 7.2 million tons were appropriate sanitary management and the rest is not operation in which can reusable only 5.1 million tons and causing the environmental, sanitation and health problems. Solid waste can divide into 4 categories which are Organic waste, Recyclable waste, Hazardous waste, and General waste. The different types of MSW are the different proper approaches of management which includes 6 processes under the concept of Reduce and Reuse, Recycling, Energy Recovery, and Final Disposal as shown on Figure 1.
In the past, Local Administrative Organizations (LAOs) are faced the problems about MSW management such as limitation of annual budget, limitation of organization’s performance, limitation of pushing policies into practices, place restrictions, chemical effect to environment and health and public relations. Hence, LAOs have purposed the approaches and measures for 2012 – 2016 implementation plans in order to solve these issues are as following;
- Supporting and encouragement the centered and integrated MSW management system
- Supporting and extension of SW reduction from household campaign by the principle of Reduce Reuse and Recycle
- Encouraging the SW source separation program since household by the incentive revenue.
- Supporting environmental friendly business
- Creating reclaim system of used product and hazardous waste
- Providing the knowledge and awareness to business operation of solid waste material business
- Allocating the annual budget to support LAOs about the project of SW management system and/or disposal places
- Support and encourage the consumption of clean and/or alternative energy in order to convince the policies of waste to energy
- Defines the rules and regulations on solid waste management
- Accelerated to define SW collection fee under the Public Health Act 1992 which operated by LAO in order to sufficient income for continuously system’s operation and maintenance
- Public awareness about the problems and the needs of system and place for SW disposal, infectious waste and community hazardous waste.
Therefore, the government needs to realize the importance of this issue to achieve the eleven goals approaches as well as create the tools for solving the problems.
- Municipal solid waste : The Significant of Thailand, http://nrei.rmutsv.ac.th/sites/default/files/poprosal/%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%9D%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%8D%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%8D%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%8D.PDF
- สำนักสิ่งแวดล้อม, กรุงเทพมหานคร 2558 (http://188.8.131.52/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=43)